South Tawton Primary is a fully inclusive school which provides children with the skills, knowledge and understanding to flourish in the 21st Century.
We aim to:
- Provide an environment where each child will be and feel safe and secure, emotionally and physically.
- Promote and encourage all children to make healthy choices.
- Encourage children to consider thoughtfully their own attitudes, values and beliefs, whilst respecting the feelings of others.
- Deliver a creative and motivating curriculum where each child is supported in developing lively and enquiry minds.
- Give children the confidence to ask questions, broaden their thinking and be receptive to the possibilities of new ideas and challenges.
- Personalise learning by building upon the interests of children, thus enabling them to experience both challenge and success.
- Develop each child’s understanding and appreciation of community, making positive contributions to the communities to which they belong, through learning the key skills of collaboration and cooperation.
- Work in true partnership with parents, pupils, governors, staff and other colleagues/agencies who work to support children and young people.
- Stimulate an interest in a wide range of activities by offering exciting and diverse experiences thereby fostering a love for life-long learning which builds upon the additional opportunities that we provide outside of the classroom and beyond the school day.
By working in true collaboration, all children will meet with success and fulfil their potential